FUCICORT CREAM 15 G
FUCICORT CREAM 15 G
Fusidic acid and betamethasone valerate
Cream containing 20 mg fusidic acid and 1 g betamethazone valerate.
What is in this leaflet
Please read this leaflet carefully before you start using Fucicort®.
This leaflet answers some common questions about Fucicort®. It does not contain
all the available information. It does not take the place of talking to your doctor or
All medicines have risks and benefits. Your doctor has weighed the risks of you
Fucicort® against the benefits they expect it will have for you.
If you have any concerns about using this medicine, ask your doctor
Keep this leaflet with the medicine. You may need to read it again.
What Fucicort® is used for
Fucicort® contains two different types of medicine. One medicine is called fusidic
acid. It is a type of antibiotic. The other medicine is called betamethasone valerate.
It is a type of corticosteroid (steroid). These two medicines work at the same time in
Fucicort® works by:
• The antibiotic killing germs (bacteria) that cause infections.
• The corticosteroid reducing any swelling, redness or itchiness of your skin.
Fucicort® is used to treat:
• Conditions where the skin is inflamed (eczema or dermatitis) and also infected
by germs (bacteria).
Your doctor may have prescribed Fucicort® for another reason.
Ask your doctor if you have any questions about why Fucicort® has been
prescribed for you.
Before you use Fucicort®
When you must not use it
Do not use Fucicort® if:
• You are allergic (hypersensitive) to fusidic acid, betamethasone valerate or
any of the other ingredients in your medicine (see Product Description at
the end of this leaflet for a list of ingredients).
• You have a skin condition called acne rosacea. This is redness and
inflammation over your nose and cheeks. Ask your doctor if you are
• You have a skin condition called perioral dermatitis. This is a red spotty rash
around your mouth or chin.
• You have a skin condition caused only by bacteria, virus or fungus that is not
being treated, or is not controlled by existing treatment. Using Fucicort® may
make these conditions worse or hide their symptoms. Examples include boils
or spots, cold sores, chickenpox and athlete’s foot. Ask your doctor if you are
• You have ulcers on the area to be treated.
• You have a skin condition caused by tuberculosis that is not being treated or is
not controlled by existing treatment. Ask your doctor if you are unsure.
Fucicort® should not be applied to the face.
If you are not sure whether you should start using Fucicort®, talk to your doctor.
Before you start to use it
Tell your doctor if:
• You are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
• You are breastfeeding
• You have allergies to any other medicines or any other substances
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including medicines that
you buy without a prescription from your pharmacy, supermarket or health food
You should also tell any health professional who is prescribing a new medication
for you that you are taking Fucicort®.
FUCICORT CREAM 15GM, FUCICORT CREAM 15G, FUCICORT TUBE, FUCICORT, FUSICORT CREAM 15 GM, FUSICORT CREAM 15G, FUSICORT, FUSICORT TUBE, FUSIKOT, FUCIKORT, FUCIKOT